>> PDI Home > Completion Documents Information > UCSD Course Credit
UCSD Extension Post-Baccalaureate (Graduate-Level) Credit*
The Professional Development Institute, in association with the prestigious University of California San Diego, offers post-baccalaureate (at the graduate level) credit* for all PDI online courses for an additional fee of only $230 for 3 ⅓ semester units/5 quarter units. UC San Diego is part of the University of California system and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UC San Diego is ranked in the top ten best public universities by U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges guidebook and the 20th best university in the world by the Center for the World University Rankings. Post-baccalaureate credits are typically used for credential renewal and/or salary advancement. Be sure to check with your district/state for their specific requirements.
It's easy to register for university credit! Simply register and pay for credit through the PDI website when you register for your course.
If you have questions or concerns about obtaining university credit, please contact PDI Education Coordinator, Jenna Swanner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Click here for a detailed description of UC post-baccalaureate (graduate level) credit
Click here for a letter from UCSD Extension Director, Dr. Morgan Appel, explaining the credit option
What you need to know about obtaining post-baccalaureate credit from the UC San Diego Extension:
- It's easy to register for university credit for your course. Simply select the option that says "course plus credit" when you register for your course in the shopping cart area. Note that you are required to pay for university credit within 48 hours of your course registration.
- Most PDI courses are worth 3 ⅓ semester units (5 quarter units) of post-baccalaureate (graduate level) credit which is equivalent to 50 hours of training. The cost for 3 ⅓ semester units/5 quarter units is an additional $230. PDI does have a limited number of courses that are worth just 1 semester unit (1.5 quarter units). The cost of credit for one unit is an additional $80.
- Credit is only granted upon successful completion of all course requirements including the minimum course time requirement.
- Note that although PDI's courses are post-baccalaureate (graduate level) professional courses, they are not applicable toward an advanced degree at UC San Diego.
- UC San Diego and PDI require that you spend a minimum of three weeks in EACH of your online courses. In other words, if you register for two online courses, you will be expected to spend three weeks in each course or a total of six weeks altogether. The timeline begins from the day you register and runs consecutively, not concurrently, when taking multiple courses. Completion paperwork will not be processed until the minimum timeline requirement has been met. Both PDI and UCSD are intent on assuring that the participant is able to maximize the knowledge gained by meaningful involvement in the program. (Note that from June through August, you must spend two weeks per course.)
- Once you have met all the course requirements, PDI will post your final grade and forward your credit paperwork to UCSD. UCSD will enter your course and letter grade into their system and send you a confirmation e-mail once your grade posts. UCSD will send you an official transcript at no charge. You will receive the transcript from UCSD Extension approximately three weeks after your final grade is issued by PDI. Unofficial transcripts can be printed at anytime at no cost via the UCSD Extension website.
- Additional transcripts may be purchased for $15 through UCSD Extension.
If you have questions about credit for your PDI course, please contact the PDI Registrar, Amanda Taylor, at email@example.com.
If you have registered and paid for a PDI course within the last 48 hours, and would like to purchase graduate-level credit or review other documentation options, please CLICK HERE.